All staff members and students of clinical studies must observe the following:
1. In all considerations they must put the patient first.
2. They must wear white gowns.
3. They must be self-disciplined.
4. They must be self-respecting.
5. They must be faithful to the patients, and to the hospital.
6. They must be team spirited.
7. They must strive to ensure further advancement of the University and survival of the teaching hospitals in line with the vision of the Founder of the University.
8. They must make sure that IMTU has a conducive working and learning environment.
9. They must respect one another, learn from, and teach one another.
10. They must observe that IMTU is not a place for political manipulation or for undermining of anybody, or for any activities which may destabilize or bring down the good reputation of this institution.
11. Every staff member or student has a chance to air constructive criticism, views, and advice during the regular official meetings
12. Every staff member or student knows and must observe the university’s rules and regulations, and the code of conduct as specified which may be revised from time to time, to ensure protection of the integrity of the university and all its members, being students or staff.
IMTU admits qualified students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at University. Consistent with its obligations under the law, IMTU prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in the administration of the University’s programs and activities; IMTU also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
IMTU Student Organization (IMTUSO) had a successful year as they worked well with students and university administration on various issues throughout the reporting year.
TAMSA is one more organization in IMTU which is organized by the Tanzanian Medical students in whole country IMTU is part of TAMSA in Dar es Salaam along with other medical universities of Dar es Salaam.