Living on campus is an indispensable piece of the IMTU undergraduate experience—nearly all our campus-based undergraduates live in hostel during their first two years, and some stay longer.
1. Traditional residence halls, which contain mainly doubles (that’s you and one roommate), with a few singles, and shared bathrooms
2. Suite-style arrangements, which include doubles, singles, or triples; private bathrooms; and central heating.
1. Every student must remember that the hostel is the home of the student on the campus and therefore, he/she should behave himself/herself on the campus as well as outside in such a manner as to bring credit to him/her and to the institution.
2. In-order to avail the hostel facility the students need to pay the hostel fees per semester –wise in the beginning of the semester.
3. The students who used to stay in the hostel previously need to clear all their past dues and then in-order to avail the further hostel facility they need to pay hostel fees per semester-wise in the beginning of the semester.
4. Residents shall occupy the rooms only after allotment is made by the warden concerned. Change of room may be permitted in exceptional cases, by the Chief Warden. Unauthorized occupation of any room or exchange of rooms shall be treated as serious violation of disciplinary rules of the hostels.
5. Room furniture, electrical fittings etc., are required to be maintained by the students in good condition.
6. No parent or guardian of a student is permitted to stay in the hostel. ( without prior permission )
7. Male / Female students shall not remain absent after 11 pm without the prior permission of the Warden. In case of any emergency, they should inform or take written permission from the Hostel Warden. Students should enter in and out timings in the register maintained at the hostels entry point.
8. The students are required to carry their identity cards with them when they move inside the campus.
9. Visitors are not permitted in the hostel without prior permission from Hostel warden.
10. A hostel student will be completely responsible for all his/ her possessions including his/her Laptop/Computer/Electronic gadgets, etc. The hostel management will not be responsible for any loss incurred.
11. They should lock their rooms properly when they go out for their bath, mess etc., each room-mate must keep a key of the door lock of his room, particularly in the case of double/triple seated rooms.
12. Fans and lights must be switched off when the students leave their rooms. In case it is noticed that fans/lights are on the locked room, a heavy penalty will be imposed for wasting the costly energy sources. ( Since this is a National Wastage ) .
13. The room of any student in the hostel can be inspected at any time by the Warden or any authorized member of the institute staff.
14. Hostel inmates are requested to maintain their surroundings neat and clean.
15. Cooking and use of any electrical appliances, shouting and playing loud music in the room is strictly prohibited. Incase if anyone found doing so will be treated as serious violation of disciplinary rules of the hostels.
16. Hostel inmates are not supposed to invite their fellow students of the University in their rooms either for studies or for any other purpose.