The library facility was open for students from 8.00AM till 9.00PM during working days. Considerable number of reference books, journals and research publications were available to students. Subscription to current documents and relevant materials was pursued continually throughout the year.
During the reporting period the library continued to implement activities aimed at achieving its mission and objectives including obtaining a container of medical, nursing, healthcare books from USA.
GENERAL LIBRARY RULES
- 1. On entering the library bags, umbrellas, parcels and overcoats are to be left outside. Adequate storage facilities have been provided at the entrance to the library.
- 2. While in the library silence should be maintained all the time.
- 3. Consumption of food and drinks is prohibited in the library.
- 4. Cellular phones should be switched off or put on silent mode in the library.
- 5. The library staff on duty has the right to request users who violate library rules to leave the library premises
- 6. No book should be taken out of the library, unless it has been officially issued out.
- 7. On leaving the library, users are requested to show all items taken out for inspection.
- 8. The library assistants perform routine and clerical duties of handling simple enquiries from readers, bibliographical searches, collecting and compiling library statistics.
- 9. They are also responsible for shelving of books and periodicals. They assist in cataloguing and classification of books, handle inter library loans and process library materials.
- 10. They also issue and receive books on loan.
Students are required to bring one passport size photograph which is attached on a special form titled LIBRARY STUDENT LENDING FORM on which the student’s name, registration number, phone number, course, parent’s or guardian’s name and phone number are written. The form shows the date of issue, title of the book and author, accession number of the book where applicable, due date and student’s signature. On returning the book the library staff checks it and signs.
Books on high demand are read and left in the library. So are periodicals and journals.
|Mr. Cecil Mgembe, Chief Librarian,||+255 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Gaspar Usio, Librarian,||+255 email@example.com|
|Ms. Frida Msuya, Library Assistant,||+255 716222371|
|Ms. Lidia NyankubiDaudi,Library Assistant,||+255 758881127|
|Ms. Rosemary Raymond Mashauri, Library Assistant||+255 firstname.lastname@example.org|